August 27, 2016
This annual art show is an opportunity for experienced and emerging visual artists and artisans residing in the Great North Woods region to come share their talents in the recreation park in Canaan, VT. It is held in conjunction with the Moose Festival and individuals are awarded prizes based on votes received from people attending the exhibit.
The event is sponsored by the Connecticut River Artisan Group (CRAG). CRAG is a “grass roots” organization consisting of visual artists and artisans from the Great North Woods region. The group promotes the arts and provides logistical and moral support to new and established artisans in the region.
Art in the Park
* Paintings must be matted and framed. Matted prints and note cards of original work may be displayed in an appropriate display container.
* Each work must clearly be labeled with the artist’s name, medium used, and name of the piece.
* Each participant may submit up to three works of art and show their work in a professional manner.
* Electricity is not available.
* Spaces are limited, on a first-come, first-served basis, and are assigned prior to the event. Please, note any special needs or requests on the registration form.
* Set-up is Saturday at 8:30 a.m.
* Please do not break down your space until 3:00 p.m. All participants must clear and clean up their spaces by 4:00 p.m.
* Exhibits must be attended at all times. Limited assistance is available.
* Individual sales are at each exhibitor’s discretion.
* Agreement to participate includes compliance with including, but not limited to: no smoking anywhere in the area; no use or possession of alcoholic beverages; and to reimburse the town of Canaan for any expense incurred in cleaning, loss or repair determined to be due to the participant’s actions or participation.
*PARKING: Space is limited and reserved parking is not available. People should bring their works of art to the CRAG tent and pick them up there at the end of the exhibit.